Thursday, July 13, 2017

Day 6

In the morning meeting today Matt showed us a video about imaging science at RIT and the freshman project. Once I got to my lab, I continued to refine the graphs I had made. I also learned more about my project.  For my project, I will be, in addition to modeling the magnetic field and creating plots, measuring the sensitivity of the RF (radio frequency) probe. After eating lunch with the other interns I returned to my lab and added some more data points to the graph to make it more accurate. I found out that one reason the FEMM model was not as accurate with respect to the measured Z data was because the model did not generate enough data points for it to be accurate on a small scale. To fix this, I made the model generate 1500 data points (10x more than before) for the Z data. When I compared this set of data to the measured Z data they were closer. Once I finished this I read about writing abstracts online and worked a little bit on my blog. I also learned how to take measurements with the RF probe. I am looking forward to continuing my project.

No comments:

Post a Comment