Friday, July 7, 2017

Day 2

After the morning meeting I met with Dr Hornak and learned a little more about EPR (electron paramagnetic resonance) spectroscopy and LFEPR (low frequency electron paramagnetic resonance) spectroscopy. I learned about some of the disadvantages of LFEPR (the signal to noise ratio is not as good). I also learned more about the project and what I would be doing in the coming weeks. Then we went down to the lab where I watched how they used the MOUSE instrument. I took notes and then spent some time writing up instructions for the use of the EPR-MOUSE as well. I met some of the other interns for lunch in the reading room. Then I returned to the lab and read a little more about EPR and finished up creating the instructions. After reviewing the instructions and making some changes I read some more articles on EPR. I also read a chapter from a book on EPR.

No comments:

Post a Comment